Sunday 23 March 2014

5D - Ethical Considerations (notes)


Planning Ethical Considerations
I've just made a few points from my thoughts and discussions. I've also used some questions from the reader to help me think about all the ethics I will need to consider and help me fill out my ethics forms in Task 6. 

Participants: I want to use my employees during my inquiry, some performing arts students above the age of 18 and some workers like myself, preferably older than me though with more experience in teaching and the industry itself. 

I have chosen these participants by selecting those closest to my job and and easier to arrange interviews/observations etc. 
I chose these people because they have all trained/are training and some have been in the industry and have turned to teaching. I believe they are intelligent, well-experienced and I feel they will be able to give me truthful and reliable answers to help me within my inquiry research. 

I will contact my participants via email or in person to arrange the parts of my inquiry that they will be involved in. 
I will have to ensure that I have a few backup participants similar to those I intend to use just in case my participant no longer wish to continue participating in my inquiry. I will explain before commencing that there will be no issues should they want to leave the inquiry. 

As of now, not all the participants have my contact details. I think I will make a information sheet, explaining my inquiry and their contribution to it, I'll add my contact details should they have any issues or questions prior to the start of my inquiry. 

I will be making notes, maybe recording voices, keeping forms that my participants fill out. I will ensure all of this data is stored privately where only I will be able to use it. Also, I'll make sure that the participants are aware that I may be recording them and using their information privately. 
Considering that my some of the participants I plan to use are work colleagues and friends, I will need to be completely professional when carrying out the parts of my inquiry. Atmosphere should feel comfortable and not too over friendly to ensure reliable and sufficient answers/results. 



No comments:

Post a Comment