Sunday 23 March 2014

6C Award Title draft

Choosing my award title.
Options...

BAPP Dance: This title is too specific, I want to be able to teach all performing arts subjects and I feel this award title might limit me to do so.
BAPP Performing Arts: I feel that this title would be best for my future, as I already have a Diploma in Performing arts, I'd like to add 'Teaching' onto it to be a little bit more specific and it also relates to my inquiry.
BAPP Musical Theatre: This title is also quite specific, I don't want to limit my title, Musical Theatre only covers 'musicals' and I have been trained in other types of performance such as ballet for example, I want my degree to allow me to teach many other subjects.
BAPP Arts Management: This title doesn't relate to me or my inquiry at all, I am not researching into management though I might need to in the future perhaps.
BAPP Performing Arts Management: like above, this doesn't reflect my inquiry in any way, though performing arts management is something I may look into.
BAPP Theatre Arts: Similar to Performing arts though not quite as broad so I won't be choosing this one.
BAPP Dance Teaching: This relates to me very much as my passion is dance and I'm currently teaching a lot of dance classes. Though I want to follow on from my Diploma and keep my award title open to be able to teach other subjects.
BAPP Graphic Design: This title would not benefit me at all, I know nothing about it and I have never learnt about graphics and design in the industry.

This is a first draft of my award title form. Something along the lines of this...

I feel that the title 'performing arts teaching' will be best suited to me. I am currently working as a Dance, Acting and Musical Theatre teacher hence choosing the broader title would best reflect my current status. In the future I am aiming to continue teaching as well as performing professionally in all areas of the Performing Arts industry. This particular award title also relates to my line of inquiry for my final 2 modules of the BAPP course. I am researching the methods of teaching, studying the different qualities of teachers and their qualifications that enable them to work. I want to be able to use my award title to show that I will be a professional in Performing Arts Teaching, not just dance or musical theatre teaching; I have been trained in all three aspects for three years and gained a level 6 Performing Arts Diploma so this award title would best benefit me for my future career of teaching.

If you have any advice or ways I could improve please comment :) 

Thanks 

No comments:

Post a Comment