Wednesday 13 November 2013

Task 2a - Reflective Journal Task

When I was younger, I didn't ever write a diary or keep a journal. It wasn't something that I enjoyed doing. I'm quite private when it comes to expressing feelings and stuff. 
When I was in college, part of the contextual studies was to keep a daily or weekly journal. This I did not enjoy at all though it did help me when I needed to reflect back on my classes and certain things I had learnt. 
Over the past few weeks, I chose to keep a brief journal as 'notes' on my iPhone. I chose to take a small note in bullet point form and sometimes a list when I had more to make a note of. This way I could keep track of certain parts of the week that stood out for me, things that were a challenge, work I did, events that I went to, emotions I was feeling etc.   
I'm not sure that I'll continue to keep a diary after I complete my Module1 studies, but if it will help me to learn and reflect easily then of course I will consider it for the future. I might try a different way of recording my thoughts like doing a brain storm diagram to make the whole 'journal' a bit more interesting for me to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment