Sunday 17 November 2013

Task 2b - Reflective Writing Task & Journal Writing Experience


Reflective Writing Task 
So, I've been journaling, tracking thoughts, feelings, evaluating etc... all as part of Task2!
I've quite liked some of the techniques that were suggested to us. I have chosen to post a picture of my journal on a day at work. I used listing and a few spider diagrams to reflect on my day. This helped me to plan for my next day of work.  I took note of positive things that occured during my classes and things that I needed to organised for the following week. I also wrote down feelings and adjectives to describe my day. 


Journal Writing Experience
Here I have explained my thoughts on the 'ways of writing' for keeping a Journal. 


Description & initial reflection: fairly simple I quite liked this method of reflective writing. On a day when I was at home for example, I wrote down some notes about what I did throughout the day and how I was feeling was a big part of my 'descriptive journal' because I wasn't doing much, I seemed to reflect more on how I was feeling and the mood that I was in eg. relaxed, chilled, lazy

List: I really liked this method, it didn't take as long as the other 'ways of writing'. I usually make lists of things that I need to do so this was a good way for me to keep a quick journal that I could reflect on at the end of the day.  I often wrote down words that described my day and things I saw that stuck in my mind. 

Evaluation: I didn't really like this method, so I chose not to use it. It was all a bit too detailed for me,  especially on days where I didn't particularly learn anything or do anything worth 'evaluating'. Only on days when I was working, I could use evaluation to reflect on new experiences and discoveries. 

Graphs, charts and diagrams: brain-storming and spider diagrams helped me to expand more on thoughts of things that had happened during my day. I found this a more enjoyable way of keeping a journal. 

What if?: this was fun, sometimes I ended up having ridiculous outcomes to my day. From buying a top in a shop in London to modelling it in Paris for example! 

Another view: This was weird, one day I chose to try writing about my day as my handbag. I wrote about how it felt being carried and chucked around, sitting on the floor for hours feeling bored when I wasn’t using it.  Writing as another person was awkward, I couldn’t quite think of how they would describe me and my day, maybe boring? or what they were thinking during some of our conversations. This was a challenging way of writing, I don’t think I’ll use this method again. It was very different I suppose, instead of just writing lists of my events.  

No comments:

Post a Comment